All the frustrations, disappointments, misunderstandings, hurt feelings and loads of crap that keep me from living MY FUN LIFE.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My-not-so-fun-February

I've been tired for weeks... but now I'm officially exhausted.

It started with a car accident. My husband was rear-ended on the way back from school carpool. The road was slick and 3 cars went sliding and barely bumped each other until the lady behind my husband came barreling into him causing the sandwich pile up. This was his very first accident; hard to believe at 37 years old. I had multiple car accidents even before my 17th birthday.

Not only were we dealing with car issues, but he got slammed with a hefty case of whiplash. The doctor prescribed him some serious pain meds and muscle relaxers and he spent the entire weekend in bed. Either overwhelmed with the pain, soreness and stiffness or so sedated he couldn't do anything else but sleep.

With him out of commission, I was struggling not to get overwhelmed flying solo with our 7 month old, 12 year old and making sure he didn't slip into a coma.

It's been a couple weeks now, and he's still not feeling completely healthy.

The same week, I can't explain why, I decided it was a good time to try and wean our 7 month old of night nursing. I gave it serious effort for 8 nights, then gave it up. It was definitely not the right time for anyone. The simple nursing disturbances were a welcomed change from the hour upon hour nightmares of trying to get him back to sleep without it.

With the serious sleep disturbances came the stressed out and HORMONAL mama! I didn't know what I was feeling or why. I was up then down. So so SO off my game. I just couldn't level out. Everything was a struggle.

Oh. I neglected to mention that he was cutting 4 of his top teeth all at once. I don't remember teething being like this?! Although, my daughter never cut 6 teeth in 6 weeks. Poor little man.

Then came the lice. Oh my goodness. I canNOT explain what an incredible disturbance these critters have created in our house. The mountains of laundry, the seriously time consuming and tedious inspections of our 12 year old's head, complete cleaning overhaul on all furniture, carpets, and cars, AND the toxic chemicals I dispise in my house, ... did I mention the 15+ loads of laundry!

Please please please let February be over and let March bring on the good times!

No comments: